Dear Family and Friends,
Welcome to my first post! I've been meaning to get a blog going so that the very short list of mildly interested parties could follow along with our family's little journey. Not that it's a very exotic journey, mind you, but we're glad to be on it and I thought I'd share some little snippets of our day-to-day "adventures," however small they may be. Along the way, you'll likely find a few semi-unrelated posts where I don't write about my family, but instead go off on some tangent or other about motherhood or birth or natural parenting or whatever else strikes my fancy that day. Consider yourselves warned, and feel free to skip over whatever may bore or offend you; I promise not to take it personally.
Anywho, if you're a grandparent, aunt, or uncle--to our kid(s), specifically--this is especially for you, since you'll find photos and videos of our little man and his sibling-in-progress (though don't expect pictures, moving or otherwise, until after the new kid is earthside). I'm not terribly good about keeping up with this sort of thing, but I'm going to do my best. We'll call it a New Year's resolution... but that's not even a fair assessment, since this blog is a holdover of a goal I had way back before Beaker was born. I'm obviously behind schedule, considering he's nearing the two-year mark, so I make no promises about the quality and/or frequency of my posts.
By the way, don't be confused by the Beaker thing: I'll be using pseudonyms here, and I would ask that you try to use them, too, should you choose to leave a comment. I don't care what you call yourself in the comments, but if you're referring to my family, let's agree to the following: Beaker is our firstborn, Bunsen is currently under construction, and my hub will just be called Hub. I'm One Mom, as opposed to EveryMom (who I imagine believes that her individual experience represents a microcosmic view of the general experience of all mothers). I won't pretend that folks will necessarily find my experience as a mother interesting, relatable, or even mildly entertaining, but I hope at least some of you will humor me by reading along anyway. You can also refer to us by our first initials, if that helps, but I'd like to keep our real names out of the picture whenever possible. I'm willing to admit this might be more of a challenge with video posts, where names are often spoken. Anyone who knows me personally already knows most of these nicknames, so figuring out who's who in our family shouldn't be too difficult. If you're a stranger, feel free to tune in, but honestly, I'm pretty sure we're not the best show in town, so know that you have every right to read elsewhere.
I promise to give you something cute to look at next post around. For now, it's my bedtime!
'Night, 'night,
One Mom
p.s. I actually wrote this on a different date than the date stamp suggests, but I had to move my blog to a different site because of some technical difficulties, and I'm just now re-publishing it.
Welcome to my first post! I've been meaning to get a blog going so that the very short list of mildly interested parties could follow along with our family's little journey. Not that it's a very exotic journey, mind you, but we're glad to be on it and I thought I'd share some little snippets of our day-to-day "adventures," however small they may be. Along the way, you'll likely find a few semi-unrelated posts where I don't write about my family, but instead go off on some tangent or other about motherhood or birth or natural parenting or whatever else strikes my fancy that day. Consider yourselves warned, and feel free to skip over whatever may bore or offend you; I promise not to take it personally.
Anywho, if you're a grandparent, aunt, or uncle--to our kid(s), specifically--this is especially for you, since you'll find photos and videos of our little man and his sibling-in-progress (though don't expect pictures, moving or otherwise, until after the new kid is earthside). I'm not terribly good about keeping up with this sort of thing, but I'm going to do my best. We'll call it a New Year's resolution... but that's not even a fair assessment, since this blog is a holdover of a goal I had way back before Beaker was born. I'm obviously behind schedule, considering he's nearing the two-year mark, so I make no promises about the quality and/or frequency of my posts.
By the way, don't be confused by the Beaker thing: I'll be using pseudonyms here, and I would ask that you try to use them, too, should you choose to leave a comment. I don't care what you call yourself in the comments, but if you're referring to my family, let's agree to the following: Beaker is our firstborn, Bunsen is currently under construction, and my hub will just be called Hub. I'm One Mom, as opposed to EveryMom (who I imagine believes that her individual experience represents a microcosmic view of the general experience of all mothers). I won't pretend that folks will necessarily find my experience as a mother interesting, relatable, or even mildly entertaining, but I hope at least some of you will humor me by reading along anyway. You can also refer to us by our first initials, if that helps, but I'd like to keep our real names out of the picture whenever possible. I'm willing to admit this might be more of a challenge with video posts, where names are often spoken. Anyone who knows me personally already knows most of these nicknames, so figuring out who's who in our family shouldn't be too difficult. If you're a stranger, feel free to tune in, but honestly, I'm pretty sure we're not the best show in town, so know that you have every right to read elsewhere.
I promise to give you something cute to look at next post around. For now, it's my bedtime!
'Night, 'night,
One Mom
p.s. I actually wrote this on a different date than the date stamp suggests, but I had to move my blog to a different site because of some technical difficulties, and I'm just now re-publishing it.

No comments:
Post a Comment