Dear Beaker,
Thanks for being such a sweet little guy when you stayed with our good friends A & M and their daughter, S, today. I know you love playing with S, and I think she'll be a good friend of yours for a long, long time. Though I feel a little guilty about the fact that you only napped for 20 minutes while you were there, as opposed to your usual two hours, our friends were thankfully very kind about your little grump-fest intermixed with bouts of almost-manic behavior as you fought to keep yourself awake. Thankfully, you finally passed out a while ago, so we have high hopes that you might actually sleep really late tomorrow so we can, too. We so love family sleep-in days, and I know they'll be few and far between once your little brother or sister arrives.
Now about the little cake incident? We gotta' talk, kiddo. Apparently, since S is about five months younger than you (and a girl, so perhaps less interested in seeking out opportunities for trouble?), A & M aren't accustomed to having to be so careful about putting things waaaaay out of reach, but you really shouldn't take advantage of their hospitality like that. Honestly, I don't blame you for grabbing the piece of cake from the countertop and pulling it onto the floor. Really, I don't. I might have done the same thing were I in your shoes. In fact, I'm almost proud of you. You know a tasty treat when you see it, and you didn't hesitate to scarf down almost the entire piece before you got caught. Poor A called me in a panic, afraid I would be upset that she accidentally let you eat something so full of sugar. On the contrary, besides laughing, all I could think about was how jealous I was that you got to eat cake today, and I didn't. You come by your sweet tooth honestly, baby boy, so I hope you enjoyed every bite!
Love,
Your (One) Mom
p.s. Chocolate frosting is the best, isn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment