Friday, January 15, 2010

Tasty, but messy.

Dear Oatmeal,

I'm a big fan of yours. However, as food goes, you're seriously messy. The toddler enjoyed you for a few minutes, then got a little overwhelmed by your stickiness. Apparently, the spoon thing wasn't going well for him today, and he declared himself "all done!" Thankfully, he had a bath immediately following breakfast. This worked out well, since it turns out you weren't the only big mess of the morning. I'll spare you the gory details, but let's just say there was a diaper involved, and I'm really, really glad to be past the nausea phase of pregnancy. And just so you know, I'm not entirely convinced you're not also to blame for mess #2 (pardon the pun).

We'll be seeing you again soon, I'm sure, but I expect we'll return to the usual morning fare of waffles with peanut butter and some variety of fruit for a few days, at least. You gotta' realize I need to prepare myself mentally for this kind of clean-up effort. Perhaps if I could get Uncle B on the case, I could escape clean-up duty altogether. While I work out those logistics, enjoy this little peek at the mess you caused (which, for the record, was significantly worse off-camera when his lap was uncovered).



Fondly,
One Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment